Real weddings, wedding inspiration and style, gorgeous ideas,

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sparkly Autumnal Inspirations



I love October, partly because it is my birthday month and I have a good excuse to eat cakes and also because I take great delight in glitter and October is the month I have a good excuse to start decorating my house for the winter.

I have just had my house repainted this week, my walls and house are all super white, clean and ready for the festive season so I am looking for some inspirations for winter decorations.

With Halloween just around the corner, I am not a huge fan of the ghoulish, macabre look with green hair, blood and gore, but do love a bit of sparkle. 

My spooky efforts are pumpkin fairy lights hung over my mirrors along with some cute Halloween snow/gitter shakers and some rather lovely ceramic candle holders in the form of pumpkins and ghosts, from Whittards, which I have had now for years :)

On my quest for pretty yet spooky things, I had to share these gold gilded pumpkins with you, aren´t they just gorgeous, I love them and they would be fabulous for an October wedding.  

I would love to take this home to use as a decoration in my own home if I was presented with this at a wedding or party.

To see the DIY tutorial as to how to make these do pop over to Cupcakes and Cashmere.  A new Facebook page I found today and well worth having a look over for some wonderful crafty, creative ideas :)

No comments: